Friday, February 26, 2010

MY 2010 SEVERE WEATHER CHANGES

Severe weather season starts in less than a month. I am alreday making preparations to be ready to go. I have all my resources ready for any severe weather scenario, and I will be extremely busy when it starts. I will be covering severe weather for the county. If needed, I will pull resources to make sure that you remain safe and this site updated as needed. THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER METEOROLOGY STUDENT WHO WILL HELP RUN THIS SITE!!! I will be covering severe weather for my school paper, and I will be switching from winter weather mode to severe weather mode when the time comes. YOU HAVE MY GUARANTEE OF SEVERE WEATHER INFORMATION THIS SEASON!!! SEE NOTE BELOW REGARDING WARNING CRITERIA CHANGE!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS CHANGED THE CRITERIA NEEDED TO ISSUE SEVERE T-STORM WARNINGS. THE OLD CRITERIA REQUIRED 0.75" HAIL, WHICH IS PENNY AND/OR WINDS OF 58 MILES PER HOUR OR GREATER. UNDER THE NEW CRITERIA, HAIL SIZE MUST BE AT LEASY 1", WHICH IS QUARTERS AND/ OR WINDS OF 58 MILES OR GREATER. THIS WAS IMPLEMENTED THIS YEAR TO TAKE AWAY THE COMPLACENCY TOWARDS SEVERE STORMS, FOR THERE WERE TOO MANY WARNINGS BEING ISSUED.

No comments:

Post a Comment